If you like your smile, then you should be as concerned about your gums as you are about your teeth. With our gum disease treatment in Sterling Heights, we help patients to:The Key to Healthy Gums Read Transcript
We restore people to good gum health by – diagnosing is the first step, which is a very important step in diagnosing gum disease, and then treating them appropriately according to what's needed, from a cleaning to a deeper cleaning, we place antibiotics, just to make sure we can get their gums in better health.
- Prevent tooth loss
- Maintain their attractive smiles
- Fight bad breath
- Avoid gum recession & bone loss
Dr. Laura Pepa and Dr. Frank Rosner are committed to providing high-quality preventive care so your healthy smile lasts a lifetime. Call us at 586-257-2081 to schedule your appointment at Laser Dental Associates.
Don’t Wait to Get Gum Disease Help
Red, swollen, or inflamed gums and bleeding gums are all signs of gingivitis, an early form of periodontal disease. When left untreated, this can lead to periodontitis. In the advanced stage, you could experience gum recession, sore gums, constant bad breath, and lost teeth.
As part of our general dentistry, our dental professionals will help you keep your smile intact and your mouth as healthy as it can be. If we find signs of gum infection, we can treat it with:
- Scaling – This is similar to what we do during a dental cleaning and exam, except we go deeper to remove plaque and tartar below your gumline.
- Root Planing – The next step after scaling is planing, which smoothes the surface of your tooth roots. This makes it harder for bacteria to bond to your roots, and it helps your gums reattach to your teeth.
- Antibiotics – This follow-up care can kill the remaining harmful bacteria and reduce your risk of reinfection.
To keep you free from pain and dental anxiety, we can use The Wand® to deliver anesthetic painlessly and inhaled sedation to keep you from feeling anything. In the case of severe infections, we can refer you to a specialist.
Stay On Top of Your Gum Health
We want all our patients to get rid of plaque buildup, which can lead to inflammation of your gums. By being proactive about your oral care, both with daily hygiene and routine checkups, you can avoid the consequences of periodontal problems.
You deserve friendly service along with professional gum disease treatment. In Sterling Heights, you can find that at Laser Dental Associates. Call 586-257-2081 to keep your smile in shape.