Like many people, you may have a negative impression of root canal treatment. This procedure is usually talked about as being one of the worst possible dental treatments there is. However, our patients report that our Sterling Heights root canals are no more uncomfortable than having a tooth filled. In addition, our treatment will:Get Out of Pain Today Read Transcript
Root canals are usually needed when there is a lot of decay into the nerve, and root canals are not what they used to be. We make sure that the patient does know the difference. I always tell my patient, “You will not know the difference between getting a filling or a root canal because you're going to be numb, and you won't feel any discomfort or pain.” And what the root canal does is just gets that infection out and then restores the tooth back to health.
- Stop the throbbing pain from your toothache
- Save your tooth from needing an extraction
- Prevent other problems with your teeth and gums
- Prepare your tooth for restoration with a new crown
If you’re in dental pain, don’t wait any longer to do something about it. Call Laser Dental Associates today at 586-257-2081 to schedule an emergency appointment. We can fit you in the same day in most cases. You’ll find our office at 36150 Dequindre Road, Suite 800 – conveniently located in the Laurel Valley Office Center.
Save Your Tooth With a Root Canal
Root canal therapy is actually a very beneficial treatment. Not only will it get you out of pain, it also allows us to save your tooth in most cases. Rather than extracting it, your dentist will repair the tooth. Here’s how the root canal process works:
- We’ll perform an exam and take a set of digital X-rays for a detailed look at the affected tooth and its roots.
- Your dentist will use The Wand® to administer pain-free local anesthesia, ensuring that the area we’re working on is completely numb. We also have inhaled sedation using laughing gas if you need help getting relaxed.
- We’ll remove the diseased inner part of the tooth that’s causing the problem.
- We’ll fill the inner chamber of the tooth with a rubber-like material.
- We can make you a beautiful new crown on-site using our CEREC system. It will cap and strengthen the tooth to prevent further problems.
After your root canal procedure is finished, you’ll feel good as new, and virtually all your chewing power will be restored.
For comfortable root canals in Sterling Heights, visit Laser Dental Associates. Call us today at 586-257-2081 to schedule your consultation.