Nagging jaw pain. Tenderness. Difficulty opening and closing your mouth. These are all signs of TMJ problems. If you’re experiencing any of these, then you may benefit from our TMJ treatment in Sterling Heights. With a simple oral appliance, you can:
- End your chronic jaw pain
- Stop grinding your teeth and causing damage to your enamel
- Reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches
- Lessen tension in your neck and shoulders
- Make your mealtimes more enjoyable
Get the TMJ help you’ve been waiting for by calling Laser Dental Associates today at 586-257-2081. Let us set you up with an appointment so you can feel better soon. For your convenience, we’re open until 6 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, plus we have Saturday hours available.
Say Goodbye to Your TMJ Problems
You most likely don’t realize how many times each day you open and close your mouth. However, if you’re suffering from TMJ pain, you probably do. Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) are located on either side of your head, connecting your jaw with your skull. They make it possible to do everyday tasks like eating, talking, yawning, and laughing.
When these joints become inflamed, you can experience a great deal of pain in your daily life. The good news is that Laser Dental Associates offers help in the form of a comfortable oral appliance:
- Worn while sleeping, the appliance will exert a small amount of pressure to move your lower jaw slightly forward.
- Tension on your TMJs will be released, and your jaw will feel better.
- The custom appliance will also keep your teeth apart so that you can’t grind them in your sleep (which many people do without any awareness).
- Since teeth grinding, or bruxism, can cause tension and migraine headaches, you’ll most likely experience fewer of them.
All these benefits are thanks to a small oral appliance that’s comfortable and easy to use. If you’re getting Invisalign treatment, its plastic aligners can also help reduce teeth grinding.
Don’t put up with an aching jaw any longer. Laser Dental Associates offers effective TMJ treatment in Sterling Heights. Call us today at 586-257-2081 to schedule a consultation for TMJ help or for your next checkup. You can also request an appointment online.