Patients in the area of Warren, MI who are interested in working with a dentist who offers tooth replacement solutions are encouraged to take the time to educate themselves on the restorative options available with Dr. Laura Pepa and Dr. Frank Rosner of Laser Dental Associates. If you are interested in finding a way to save your smile when tooth loss occurs, we can help with a wide variety of tooth replacement methods, including replacement of the entire dental arch with full cosmetic dentures.
WHAT ARE FULL COSMETIC DENTURES?
Full cosmetic dentures are a special type of dental restoration.
- They are made to replace all the missing teeth within the dental arch with an acrylic appliance
- Full dentures are used when the top, bottom, or both jaws need full restoration to create an entirely new smil
- These restorations are custom-made for patients to look as natural as possible, while allowing patients the chance to enjoy their favorite foods and feel confident in how they look
With the help of our dentists, patients can save their smile with full dentures!
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR FULL DENTURES?
The best candidate for full dentures is a patient who has lost all the teeth in the upper or lower arch, or for patients who are missing several teeth and considering having their remaining teeth removed to prepare for the placement of a full denture.
Traditional dentures are fully removable and are held in place with either dental adhesives or the natural suction in your mouth. Full dentures may also be created in a way that makes them work in harmony with dental implants that are strategically placed along the dental arch. These implants can act as a stable foundation for the placement of a full denture and can provide ultimate strength and durability for the denture. During an initial evaluation, our dental professionals will help patients determine if they are appropriate candidates for this or other restorative procedures.
WHAT OTHER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
At Laser Dental Associates, we are pleased to offer our patients a variety of methods for replacing their missing teeth. Other solutions may include:
- Partial dentures – If patients are not missing all the teeth within the dental arch and instead need to replace one or more in the area, they may be better suited for dental restorations such as partial dentures. These are made with a metal framework that snaps into the existing smile and allows false teeth to slide into place where they are needed.
- Dental bridges – A dental bridge is a way of replacing one or more teeth in a row. The bridge is made with false teeth fused to dental crowns on each end, which use the adjacent teeth for support and placement. Dental bridges are considered a permanent option and are less expensive than dental implants.
- Dental implants – The gold standard in tooth replacement is the dental implant. These can replace a single tooth by being restored with a dental crown on top, or they can help replace multiple teeth by acting as a stabilizer for dentures or an anchor for one or both sides of a dental bridge.
DETERMINING THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOU
There is no “one size fits all” option when it comes to tooth replacement. Drs. Laura Pepa and Frank Rosner will work with patients to help them choose a treatment that is most appropriate for their specific and unique needs. Our front office team also works with patients to maximize the dental benefits they may have with their dental insurance plans. Patients are urged to bring their dental insurance card with them to their appointment at Laser Dental Associates to determine if their benefits can make full dentures more affordable. Additionally, we offer financing options for patients who want to space out payments over time to make treatment more attainable.
READY TO DISCUSS YOUR TOOTH REPLACEMENT OPTIONS WITH A DENTAL PROFESSIONAL?
Contact the team at Laser Dental Associates in the Warren, MI area to work with a dentist who has your best interests at heart. Dr. Laura Pepa and Dr. Frank Rosner provide quality restorations for new and existing patients in the community. Call the office at 586-257-2081 and visit us at 36150 Dequindre, Suite 800 in Sterling Heights, MI.